This group of tests measures specific enzymes and proteins in your blood. Your liver is the second largest organ on your body. It converts the food you eat into energy and nourishment and filters waste from your blood. A liver panel assesses the health of your liver and can help Heal liver damage or disease. The panel often contains these evaluations.
- Albumin is a protein made in the liver.
- Alkaline phosphatase ALP. ALP is an enzyme found in large levels in your liver, bile duct, and elsewhere in the human body.
- Alanine transaminase ALT. ALT is another enzyme found on your liver.
- Aspartate transaminase AST. AST is another enzyme found on your liver, heart, and muscles.
- Total protein. Total protein measures the quantity of protein in your blood. Globulin and albumin are the two chief proteins found in the blood.
- Liver panel or liver function tests also measure bilirubin, a Waste product which creates when red blood cells break down. This test measures total bilirubin and direct bilirubin. Total bilirubin is the amount of bilirubin in your blood. Direct bilirubin steps the bilirubin that is made in your liver.
You might need this test as part of a regular check-up. You may Have this test if you have symptoms of liver disease or harm. Symptoms include.
- Yellow color of skin and the whites of your eyes jaundice
- Dark-yellow colored urine
- Gray or clay-colored or black and bloody bowel movements
- Nausea or vomiting
- Loss of desire
- Belly swelling or pain
- Weight loss or gain
Additionally, you might have this test if you have been exposed to a Hepatitis virus, have a family history of lft test price in delhi, drink excessive amounts of alcohol, or take medications which may cause liver damage. You may also want this test to help your health provider Watch the development of a virus such as hepatitis which affects the liver or liver damage brought on by alcohol. Your healthcare provider may also order these tests.
- Gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase. GGT is another enzyme found in large quantities on your liver, bile ducts, and pancreas.
- Prothrombin time. Prothrombin is protein made in your liver. It helps blood to clot. A prothrombin time test measures how long it takes your blood to clot.
Evaluation results may vary depending on your age, sex, health History, the method employed for the evaluation, along with other things. Your test results may not indicate that you have a problem. Ask your healthcare provider what your test results mean for you. Normal ranges for liver function tests vary depending on different Factors, including your age and sex. High levels of these enzymes and proteins may mean that your liver or bile duct is damaged or diseased. In general, a pattern of abnormalities among the outcomes might be more important than the individual test results. Levels of ALT are helpful for finding out if you have hepatitis.